08 August 2006

My unwanted tour of Labor & Delivery!

Along with a 23 week update!

I'll tell those of you who don't know that I've been to West Hills hospital many times, and many were in the L&D area. My friends have had babies there and my mom had my siblings there. I've seen it, but just in case, I had a hospital tour scheduled in November. Yet still, I got to see it first hand last night as a patient.

After returning to work I noticed a shortness of breath. After an hour, I still couldn't catch my breath and my heart was beating out of my chest. I called my OB office and they told me to come right in. After some monitoring in thier office, they sent me to L&D for my advanced monitoring. I had tons of blood work, EKG, ultrasounds, and fetal monitoring. It was quite the episode. After 4 hours, I was released, everything was ok. In the end it turned out that I had waited to long to eat and my blood sugar level dropped. The combination of what I ate and my body dumping insulin into my blood caused heart palputations. Lesson learned: Eat more frequently, and eat protien instead of sugar when my blood levels are low.

Aside from that excitement, my appointment for 23 weeks took place. Everything is right on track. I am still below my weight gain and measuring exactly where I should be. I also have my glucose test to look forward to in a few weeks. I also noticed that our Childbirth classes begin next month. I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Addison will be here before we know it!!

No comments: