10 March 2008

I'm 15 Months Old!



Ah, my sweet baby girl is 15 months old already. Where does time go? Lately it's gone to house-hunting, buying, and moving. Things are hopefully taking a downward turn for us soon and we'll be able to get back into the routines that Addison craves so much.
Overall, Addison is awesome! She is really a joy to be around. She is so interactive with everyone around her. When we get in the car after school each day, I adjust my mirror to peek at her. If she sees me, she waves to me.
It isn't all sweetness though, Addie has taken a bit to wrestling also. If we are laying on the floor or the bed with her she wants to body slam or pillow fight us. She loves to be bounced around and flipped upside down. LOL!
Addison took her first steps a few weeks ago. She'll take up to 4 consecutive steps now if you don't stare at her. She has such a look of pride in her face when she takes steps, but she still prefers crawling to get where she wants to go!
Addison is still such an awesome eater. She'll try anything, and loves most things. We just have to keep an eye out as she has recently learned how to share with the dogs!
She is really getting settled at our new place. Now the the daylight is later, we are able to talk walks with her buggy and the dogs in the evening. We've unpacked all of her familiar toys which really seemed to make a difference. The greatest celebration was when her crib was set-up. She went right back to her sleep schedule without a beep. She is still sleeping from around 7PM at night until about 7 in the AM. She takes one afternoon nap for 2-3 hours. Before bed we still enjoy our routine of books and snuggles. After a book or two we turn off the light and I rock with her while we listen to music. It's my time to enjoy the slow pace of rocking and hugging my sweet girl. I often tell her about my day and what tomorrow or the upcoming weekend will bring for our family. I sit in the chair and snuggle with her for a few songs. I can't believe that a baby that used to fall asleep swaddled across my arms, now takes up my whole body. Her arms drape over mine, her head snug in my neck on my shoulder, her legs so long she is bent at the knees on my lap. *sigh* when did she get so big? And how did I get so lucky to have her in my life?

No comments: