31 December 2007

Snack Traps & Sippy Cups






After months of trying every single kind of sippy cup on the market, we have landed on some that the princess will use! We have been trying to introduce the cup since she was about 6 months old. She just never really liked it. She does a good (messy) job of drinking from an actual cup with no lid, but she isn't a fan of a regular sippy cup.


A couple of weeks ago I noticed the bug was quiet. I knew what that mean immediately! I looked to see her drinking a Capri Sun! Roger must have opened it and left it on the coffee table. I was so overwhelmed with pride to see her drinking from something, let alone a Capri Sun (let's be honest, they are easy to squeeze and make a huge mess!) that I didn't even take it away. I'm pretty cautious about what she eats that I don't need to get over hyped when she occasionally has more sugar than I would like. I was just so thrilled to figure out that all she needed was a straw! So now we are the proud owners of various straw sippy cups, and Addison even likes them :)



Lastly, for those of you who don't know, let me tell you about the Snack Trap. It's a cup for snack with a soft plastic lid. The lid has slits in it for kids to pull out snacks, but it doesn't allow them to fall out when tipped over. I love these things! It took Addison about a day to figure out how to work it. They are perfect for in the car or for when I just want to give Addie a snack, but don't want to put her up in her high chair. We even got the stay fresh lids for them. Now I keep them in the diaper bag all of the time :)


No comments: